Sunday, January 17, 2010

Fake nails (gel): how do you take them off? Is the salon the only place they can be taken off - for a price?

I got my nails done, for the first time in my life, for my wedding 3 weeks ago. I had them ';filled'; the other day, as instructed, on the 3rd week. But how can I take these things off, later? I have a gel French manicure. Do I have to go back to the salon? Will I have to pay for it?Fake nails (gel): how do you take them off? Is the salon the only place they can be taken off - for a price?
Just soak them in some strong nail polish remover.Fake nails (gel): how do you take them off? Is the salon the only place they can be taken off - for a price?
yeh you will have to pay for it if you go back they make you pay for everything in the nail salon lol what you can do is what they do soak your nails in nail polish remover for like 15min then you will see it coming off get a nail filer and file the gel off good luck
The fastest way for me to soak off my nails is to use some acetone in one bowl and then sit the bowl down in a bowl with hot water it seems to help the gel/acrylic to come off much quicker and a whole not easier. Hope that helps
If you have acrylic nails and dont want to go to the salon to take them off, you can go to Sally's and buy pure acetone fingernail polish remover. You should clip your acrylic nails down first as short as possible, and then soak your fingers in the acetone. The acetone dissolves the acrylic.It will take about 45 minutes to soak completely off depending on the thickness of the acrylic on your nail. As a rule, generally, the thicker the acrylic the longer the soak. Please dont bite them off, it will only hurt your teeth and destroy your own natural nails. I would also buy a nail strengthener to use once you've got the acrylic off, because more than likely your nails will feel paper thin.
I glued my own fake nails on for my wedding over a year ago...that was the once and only time i've ever used fake nails. Within 2 weeks, my nails started coming off on their own. I suppose, ask some friends if there are any 'old wives tales' on how to remove fake nails on your own. Wish I could have been more help :)
  • back blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment