Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm looking at buying a 6-24x50 AO scope that is decent quality but won't nail me on price. How are the TASCOs

Any suggestions on the brand?I'm looking at buying a 6-24x50 AO scope that is decent quality but won't nail me on price. How are the TASCOs
The 6-24x50 scope is a ';Target'; scope, manufactured and used in competetive rifle shooting at targets. This wouldn't normally be used for anything else but long range varmit hunting.......Bushnell makes a better scope for your money.Beware of all of the Russian and Chinese scopes that are coming out now.online sites and Ebay, etc.They are total JUNK! The optic quality is garbage.....I've found as a rule of thumb that when it comes to rifle scopes, you get exactly what you pay for! Be selective!I'm looking at buying a 6-24x50 AO scope that is decent quality but won't nail me on price. How are the TASCOs
Tasco's are major crap.If you want to put it on a BB gun, sure go ahead accuracy is crap anyway. You can get a decent Bushnell for a little bit more than that. I have one on my .17HMR (which by the way is a friggen awesome round) and it stays dead accurate. I also do not have to deal with recoil though so that helps a lot with finding good cheap scopes.





Happy Hunting!
Depends on the rifle your going to put it on. I had a .270 Win. with a Tasco scope and could not keep it zeroed, the scope just wouldn't stand up to the recoil. As far as value and performance I like the Nikon scopes the range from about 150 to 250. In my expieriece you cant knock them off.
Tasco is pretty much bargain basement stuff.


If you really need that much scope, move up a bit in quality.


The BSA 'Platinum` line is about the cheapest you should try.


If you can afford better, (Weaver, Redfield, etc.), go for them.


The absolute top of the line, (Leupold, Schmidt %26amp; Bender etc.), are not worth your cash unless you contemplate needing to shoot in poor light.
  • back blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment