Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Is Chanel nail polish worth the price?

I've been using Essie nail polish for about two years but I'm not 100% happy with it. I find that only the dark colors seem to stay on well, and when I use lighter colors they chip after five or so days..I get my nails manicured weekly and I usually bring my own polish so I'm wondering if Chanel is worth the splurge? I'd really like to find a polish that won't chip for the week! If Chanel isn't worth it, what is?Is Chanel nail polish worth the price?
Short answer: No, not particularly.





A while ago I decided to try $20 Chanel ';Black Satin'; polish since my usual nail routine consists of $1 NYC varnish and top coat. I was expecting nails that didn't chip as fast or at least good quality polish, but to my dismay the polish still chipped and, most surprisingly, the coats wore thin and didn't hold up as well as my cheap drugstore polish. Two days after painting the solid black had faded to a strange deep brown. With my drugstore polish, it seemed to chip more easily, but at least the color held up very well and stayed an eternally abysmal black. Maybe this is why goths aren't known for turning to Chanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment